Bill Of Quantity (BOQ) and it’s different parts
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
The successful application of commercial management will help in keeping the existence of any business. The commercial management in construction industry is solely dependent on Bill of Quantities (BOQ) and the construction professionals and stakeholders should give priority to it.
It is considered as very effective communication tool that relates the parties (Client, consultant & contractor) of construction project. BOQ can be defined as a schedule that classifies, details and measures the materials and other cost items which should be utilized in construction project. It is vital to have clear ideas on direct costs & indirect costs to determine the complete project costs which are included in various parts of the BOQ.
Generally BOQ comes in tabular form that comprises of description, unit, quantity, rate & amount in different columns.
Description column offers brief information on the executable items. As for instance, in the first item, the 32mm diameter CPVC pipes should be set up for cold water services in 20 bar operating pressure. Specification & drawings are other two crucial items which should have been evaluated briefly for clear perception. Here the word engineer signifies the consultant for the project.
The significance of BOQ: BOQ should be employed in each stage (pre-contract & post-contract) of the project but requirement of BOQ may vary according to various contract agreements & project. The vital applications are provided below :-
1. It offers fundamental idea of the project by providing the quantities to tenderers.
2. It states the scope of the work. (But it should be determined corresponding to drawings & specification as well).
3. It provides estimated or projected contract sum. (very crucial to client).
4. It offers a base for valuation of variation. (Variation should be explained briefly).
The main Parts of BOQ: Parts of BOQ are changed as per the project size as well the practices. Normally, it has calculated works, Preliminaries & Provisional sums. The contract sum would be included along with these three items.
Preliminaries: In construction industry, preliminaries means the indirect cost for accomplishing project but these are considered as the costs which are very crucial for the construction activities because costs suggested separately become very complicated for allocation together with measured works. The instances for preliminaries are given below.
1. Costs for performance bond, advance payment guarantee & Workmen compensation
2. Maintenance costs for cleaning the site.
3. Requisite of site office, site stores & staff accommodation.
4. Cost incurred for the project management staff (QS, Project Manager, Engineering professionals).
5. Expenditures for drawings & safety.
So, it is clear that these costs cannot be allotted to work item but devoid of these expenses any project can’t exist.
Measured works: It stands for the actual or estimated work to be accomplished for fining any project. The works should be calculated in various units which range from liner meter, square meter, cubic meter, number, item & etc. Value of measured works should be computed by multiplication of quantities and rate.
Provisional sums: It refers to the sum that is distributed for the undersigned works at the tender time. It will be settled as soon as the project is completed.
Article Source: basiccivilengineering.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free