Brief overview of reinforced cement concrete
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Reinforced cement concrete alias R.C.C is formed by combining the ordinary concrete with the reinforcement to significantly improve its compressive and tensile strength.
Objective of Reinforcement in Concrete: It is already known that concrete is very high in compressive strength, but it is weak in tensile strength. Therefore, when only the compressive loads are operative on the concrete surface then it is not necessary to utilize reinforcement in it.
But where tensile forces are present, as for instance in beams and slabs, failure may happen if plain concrete is applied.
Steel contains a very high tensile strength as well as high compressive strength.
Therefore, when the two (concrete and steel) are merged collectively, a strong material of construction is produced with the capability of defending all the three types of forces like compressive loads, tensile stresses, and shear forces which may operate on a structure. Such a material is recognized as Reinforced Cement Concrete.
It is very useful and consistent in engineering construction.
Nature of Reinforced Cement Concrete:
The main theory in developing the reinforced cement concrete is to produce a structural material within which
(i) Steel assists in withstanding the main tensile stresses;
(ii) concrete withstands the main compressive forces, both operating in complete unison;
Benefits of Reinforced Concrete (RCC).
Discussed below, some vital properties of Reinforced Concrete.
(i) Structures which are built up from Reinforced Concrete are long-lasting.
(ii) It contains a superior compressive strength (because to concrete).
(iii) It contains high tensile strength (because of reinforcement).
(iv) It has good resistance capacity against fire and other weather changes.
(v) It is easily accessible almost anywhere in the globe.
(vi) Sound knowledge is not essential for dealing with it, a normal skilled labor can also perform it.
(vii) It can be molded in any form, shape.
(viii) It is utilized in different sections of the structure ranging from foundation to the top roofing.
(ix) It requires fewer repairing costs.
(x) It is very inexpensive as compared to other materials.
To get more clear ideas, go through the following construction article civilguides.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free