How to perform cement consistency test
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
This test method is conducted to establish the amount of water necessary to develop hydraulic cement pastes with normal consistency, useful for specific standard tests.
Standard Consistency: The ratio of water needed to develop standard cement paste while vicat plunger go through under 10±1mm reading is called standard consistency or normal consistency cement paste.
Equipments and Materials: The following equipments and materials are required for conducting the test :-
Electrical Balance, Vicat Apparatus, Spatula, Trowel, Mould, Pot, Distilled Water and Ordinary Portland Cement etc.
1. Select ordinary Portland cement of 500 grams and weight it in the electrical balance.
2. Choose 26-33% of water to cement. It is recommended to select 26 % (130ml) water in a graduated cylinder in first trial.
3. Now use a pot and provide the cement and water in it and blend through a trowel.
4. Make a ball with the cement paste manually then press the ball into the larger end of the conical mould, keep the other hand by entirely filling the mould with cement paste.
5. Eliminate the unnecessary cement paste from the mould by using a spatula and arrange the mould under the plunger needle of 1mm.
Also Read: How to calculate the volume of slump mould
6. Firm the plunger at the level in order that it gets in touch with the surface of cement paste and then set the changeable indicator of vicat equipment to upper zero mark of the scale and smoothly discharges the plunger to cement paste to get through for 30 seconds.
7. Note the penetration of plunger into the cement paste. It should be 10±1mm, in case it does not happen, then do the entire method again by modifying the percentage amount of water in each trial.
1. The blending of cement should be performed in non-porous glass plate.
2. The plunger needle should be cleansed each time prior to penetration in the cement paste.
3. Vicat apparatus should not be vibrated throughout the penetration.
Examinations and Calculations:
Weight of Cement = W1
Water provided in graduated cylinder = W2
% water in W1gm cement = W2 / 100 W1
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free