ConFlexPave – A new bendable concrete material that can make a sea change in construction industry
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Huge expenses are incurred each year for consequential cracks in concrete. To resolve this issue, Nanyang Technological University(NTU) in collaboration with the JTC, is developing an exclusive concrete materials known as ConFlexPave.
It is considerably more bendable, stronger and durable. This construction material is best suited for road and pavement usages.
This type of precast pavement slabs can be rapidly and efficiently set up and significantly reduce the installation time as compared to conventional materials. Besides, the structure that is built with this material requires less maintenance.
With this new type of concrete material, the thickness and weight of precast pavement slabs are reduced considerably. The new concrete slabs can be made off-site as well as replace worn out ones.
The material is specifically engineered to blend specific types of hard materials with polymer microfibres. The addition of these synthetic fibres facilitates the concrete to flex and bend under tension as well as improve skid resistance.
It is verified that the concrete is hard as metal and twice as strong as traditional concrete under bending. The hard materials come with a non-slip surface texture whereas the microfibres which are considered as slimmer as compared to the width of a human hair, disperse the load over the entire slab.
The introduction of this material will facilitate the construction industry to curtail labor intensive on-site work as well as raise the workers’ safety and minimize construction time. Besides, it brings huge benefits to the road users by decreasing the inconvenience resulting from road resurfacing and construction works.
Go through the following construction video to have online demonstration of ConFlexPave.
Video Source SciNews
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free