Details of deshuttering of formwork & formwork removal time
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, Sami Ullah, the eminent civil engineer, briefly explains the process required for de-shuttering of formwork as well as the time period to remove the formwork from column, walls, beam, slab, staircase, foundation footing etc.
The removal of concrete formwork is also known as strike-off or stripping of formwork. It is should be performed when the concrete obtains adequate strength.
While removing formworks, the following points should be taken into consideration :-
• freeze thaw damage • development of cracks because of thermal contraction of concrete
Special consideration should be given for formwork removal of flexural members like beams and slabs because these members are dependent on self-load and live load even throughout construction, they may deflect if adequate strength is not obtained to manage the loads.
Detail information is given below :-
For column/walls, vertical form works should be detached after 16 to 24 hours.
Soffit formwork to slab (formwork is located under the slab), the form works can be removed after 3 days. (props should be reaffixed once the removal is done).
Soffit formwork to beam, the form works can be removed after 7 days. (props should be reaffixed once the removal is done.)
Beam that spans up to 4.5 m (length), the form works can be removed after 7 days.
Beam that spans surpassing 4.5 m (length), the form works can be removed after 14 days.
For footing, the form works can be removed after 16 to 24 hours.
For staircase, the form works can be removed after 5 days.
Watch the following video, to get the complete information.
Image Courtest: Sami Ullah
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free