How to determine the beam reactions in case of simply supported beam bearing uniformly distributed loads & point loads
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will learn how to determine the reactions of beam against simply supported beam that bears point loads and uniformly distributed loads.
Reaction refers to a response to action that is operating on the beam in the form of vertical forces.
A beam stands for a structural component that mainly withstands loads enforced laterally to the beam's axis. Its mode of deflection is mainly caused by bending. The loads enforced to the beam leads to reaction forces at the beam's support points.
To work out reactions, one should have sufficient knowledge on taking moment and law of equilibrium.
A simply supported beam belongs to a type of beam that provides pinned support at one end and roller support at the other end. Based on the load employed, it endures shearing and bending.
Point load is a type of load that operates over a small distance. Due to concentration over small distance this load is assumed as operating on a point. Point load is indicated by P and symbol of point load is arrow heading downward (↓).
Distributed load operates over a large length or “over a length that is quantifiable. Distributed load is calculated according to unit length.
To calculate beam reactions, go through the following link.
Video Source: CHINMAYACADEMY
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free