How to estimate the materials for an underground water tank
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, S.L.Khan, the eminent engineer, has briefly narrated the process for figuring out the quantities of different materials in an underground water tank.
A underground water tank is built up with the following construction materials :-
2) Concrete work (PCC).
3) RCC work.
4) Dado Work.
5) PVC stop.
7) Gauges, pipes and valves etc.
You have to make estimation for excavation, PCC, RCC and steel utilized in RCC work.
In this video, a rectangular water tank is taken. The size of the tank is 500 x 300 x 200 cm or 5 x 3 x 2 meters. The density of RCC slab is taken as 15 cm. The density of RCC wall is taken as 20 cm. The density of PCC is taken as 15 cm. 1% of steel is use for building this tank. The continuer part of the slab is taken as 30 cm.
Based on the above dimensions, the calculation is made.
For Excavation :-
Length = 5.40 (Actual length is 5 meter and the thickness of both side’s RCC walls is added). So, the calculation is done as follow :-
L = 5 + 0.20 + 0.20 = 5.40 m
B = 3 + 0.20 + 0.20 = 3.40 m (same as length)
Now, find out the total excavation depth = internal depth + density of RCC floor + density of PCC work.
So, d = 2m + 0.20m + 0.15 m = 2.35 meters
To find out the quantity of excavation, multiply length, width and depth.
So, 5.40 x 3.40 x 2.35 = 43.15 cubic meters.
To find out the quantities of PCC, RCC and steel, watch the following construction video.
Image Courtest: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free