How to estimate in excel for measuring the quantity of cement, sand & bricks for a masonry wall
- Application of concrete calculator
- Excel Sheet for contractor estimating
- Detailed Estimates in Seconds
- Largest Dam in the World
- New Construction Cost Calculator
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Software for Quantity and Cost Estimation
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Cost Analysis and Project Management
- Commercial painting contractors
- Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Estimating with Excel Part4
- Enhancing the estimating process
- 30-story building built in 15 days
- Estimating with Excel Part8
- Detailed Cost Estimates in Seconds
This construction video will introduce you the detailed method on how estimation is performed in excel sheet for measuring the quantity of cement, sand & bricks for brick masonry.
In this tutorial, the ratio of mortar is provided as 1:6 and the volume of brick masonry is taken as 10 cubic meters.
The volume of brick masonry can be estimated with the use of formula, length, into height of wall, into thickness of wall.
The standard size of brick refers to 19 cm x 19 cm x 9 cm ( or 0.19m x 0.09m x 0.09m)
The nominal size of brick with mortar refers to 20 cm x 20 cm x 10 cm ( or 0.2m x 0.2m x 0.1m)
Cost of materials is provided as:
1. Rs 350 per 50 kg bag for cement
2. Rs 1000 per cu.m. for sand
3. Rs 7 per number of brick
While estimating brickwork, two approaches like Centre-line, and Long- and Short-wall methods are mostly recognized.