How to estimate materials for various concrete proportions
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
It becomes inevitable to calculate materials independently for accomplishing on-site job.
Mix design is generally identified with mix proportion in a selective zone where equivalent materials are found in concrete.
It is important to have clear conception on estimating materials for various concrete proportions.
The proportion mostly recognized for column concrete is 1:1.5:3 and for slab 1:2:4. If cement, sand and stone chips are mixed at 1:1.5:3 proportions, the concrete strength of 28 days cube test’s result sets as 3500 psi. If cement, sand and brick chips are mixed at 1:2:4 ratio the 28 days cube test result sets as 3000 psi, which is ideal for slab concrete.
The materials for 1:1.5:3 ratio concrete for 100 cft concrete are estimated as follow :-
Wet volume of concrete = 100 cft.
To convert web volume to dry volume of concrete, multiply wet volume with 1.54 = 100 x 1.54 = 154 cft.
Sum of ratio 1:1.5:3, 1 + 1.5 + 3 = 5.5.
So, the quantity of cement in concrete = (154/5.5) x 1=28 cft.
The quantity of sand = (154 / 5.5) x 1.5 = 42 cft.
The quantity of stone chips = (154/5.5) x 3 = 84 cft.
It is known fact that cement comes as 50 kg bag in the market. The volume of 50 kg cement bag is 1.25 cft. So the required quantity of cement = 28 /1.25 = 22.4 bag.
Cement : 22.4 bag
Sand : 42 cft,
Stone chips: 84 cft.
In this estimation, measuring unit of concrete is cubic feet. The most convenient method for calculating concrete materials for different unit is to use the above result as percentage. It signifies that cement content for 100 unit of 1:1.5:3 ratio concrete is 28% (unit will be as concrete unit), Sand is 42% and Stone chips is 84%.
The water content of concrete can be estimated as follow :-
Assume, water-cement ratio for concrete is set as 0.45. It signifies water/cement = 0.45, or W/C = 0.45.
For 1 bag cement, water is calculated as 0.45 x 1.25 (Because, 1 bag cement is equivalent to 1.25 cft),
Water = 0.5625 cft.
It is known that 1 cubic feet water is identical to 28.31685 litre,
So, the quantity of water will be = 0.5625 x 28.31685 = 15.92 litre, i.e. 16 litre (approx).
Therefore, 16 liter of water is required for one bag cement for 0.45 W/C ratio.
For more information, visit the following website acivilengineer.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free