How to determine the height of any object with ranging rods and tape
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this informative construction video tutorial, the renowned civil engineer S.L. Khan offers some useful guidelines to point a height of an object with the help of tape and ranging rod.
Suppose, the height of the object is accessible and there exist a level ground in front of it.
Assume, there are two ranging rods namely A and B. These rods are settled to some distance away from the tower.
Suppose, base of the tower is taken as T and the peak or apex of the tower is taken as P.
Now, mark two points namely C and D at the same level on the ranging rod A and B. It means AC is equivalent to BD.
Now, glance at line CD, and mark point E on the tower.
Then, view the peak of the tower from point C to mark a point D1 on ranging rod at point B.
Ensure that C, D1 and point P remain in the same straight line.
Now, with the help of same triangle rules, measure PE and then add ET to obtain the total height of the tower.
As per same triangle, PE and CE should be identical to the ratio of DD1 and CD.
Now, by multiplying CE on both sides, we get the following :-
CE x PE/CE = DD1/CD x CE
PE = DD1/CD x CE
PE = DD1/AB x AT
(As CE = AT and CD = AB)
So, the total height of tower = PT = PE + ET
To get more clear ideas, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free