Benefits of providing raft foundation for basement
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Basements for buildings are arranged for architectural and occupancy requirement. It provides us lots of spaces and accommodation inside the buildings. Besides, the removed soil naturally provides low stress on the soil below.
So basements are provided after removing soils and some sections of them are built up underneath water table in adjoining soils. But, sometimes basement faces issue with water tightness.
Given below, the construction process of basement :-
The lowest portion of basement gets in touch with soil underneath them. The upper levels (basement floor) do not get in touch with soil below; only basement wall or foundation wall have connected with soil on their sides.
The bottom most sections of basement belong to essentially a foundation or a portion of foundation. The basement is built up with column footings, the footings are attached with slab that is normally usually thin since bearing pressure is provided mostly underneath footings.
Another option is again a thin connected slab that is spaced for pile caps. Sometimes piles raft foundation is also implemented. The raft foundation is utilized as basement of a building.
The thin slabs do not have the capacity to provide water tightness to basement. Under these circumstances, stress concentration is produced at intersection of the footing to slab or basement wall to raft (slab) that results in creating cracks.
So raft foundation will be effective in place of such weak slabs. The basement should be arranged over the ground water table (assume ground water-table is low).
Even under this situation, water is entered from surface through rainfall, irrigation etc., the same problem of water proofing is found.
When water is stored for a prolonged time over impermeable soils (permeability < 0.1 mm/sec), sever issue is raised and if clayey soil has expansive character, the condition becomes worst; particularly when the building site contains sloping ground where water discharges toward building with large contact area to foundation soil.
Basement wall should be designed to acquire the strength of cantilever retaining wall not getting support from floor immediate over it.
While construction of basement wall it becomes complicated to provide supports by raking struts (temporarily) until supports of upper floor (may be intermediate basement or ground floor) is finished.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free