Some useful guidelines to safeguard iron from rust
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Deterioration of concrete is mainly caused by erosion of embedded steel rebar.
Reinforcing bars in concrete area unit are protected from erosion with a thin chemical compound layer that is developed on their surface due to extreme alkalinity, i.e., the greater hydrogen ion concentration price of the surrounding concrete. Corrosion will occur as soon as this protecting layer is lost owing to chloride permeation or a reduction within the hydrogen ion concentration price of concrete to values under in respect of nine.
The rust occurs because of the following reasons :-
• Rust is caused by the cracking of the protecting layer (concrete cover) and presence of rust on the surface of the reinforcing steel.
• Rusting of the reinforcing steel starts with a small amount in the sikhs, and then it expands to turn to general rust.
The following factors can rupture this class:
1. Carbonization because of the atmosphere encircling the concrete.
2. Attack of chlorides on concrete (from the soil or caused by non-application of water right for mixing).
3. Penetration of salts to the concrete.
How to get rid of rust in iron - The following points should be taken into consideration to safeguard reinforcing steel from rust:
1. Cathodic protection is the most suitable process for coastal enterprises, but it is very costly to perform. It is desirable to carry out a study for the proper selection of the process that meets the purpose.
2. Inclusion of some materials to the cement to decrease its penetrability that is less extravagant method of cathodic protection, but the age of protection is lower.
3. Application of rust inhibitors: the first type is based on the work of protection around the reinforcing steel and the other type to resist the infiltration of oxygen inside the concrete.
Go through the following video tutorial, to get more clear idea.
Video Source: Cortec Middle East
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free