Method Of Standard Penetration Test
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
The SPT test alias Standard Penetration Test is mostly recognized among construction professionals that is carried out to find out the surface information for both land and offshore.
The purpose of this soil penetration test for soil testing is to determine the bearing capacity of soil directly at a specific depth.
The following tools are used for standard penetration test :-
1. Drilling Rig.
2. Split spoon (tube).
3. Drop hammer 65 kg (140 lbs ).
4. Driving head (anvil).
5. Guiding rod.
7. Extension rods.
Standard Penetration Test Theory
The number or blows plays an important role for 12 inches penetration resistance of the soil. It is normally defined as the ‘N’ value and calculated in blows/unit penetration. This test can also calculate to find out the uniformity of clayey soils.
After expanding a borehole to a certain depth, the drill tools are detached, and the sampler (split spoon) is dropped to the bottom of the borehole.
With the help of hammer blows, the sampler is entered into the soil to the top of the drill rod. The standard weight of the hammer should be 140 lbs.(62.3 N) the number of blows necessary for spoon penetration of three “6” inches (15 cm) intervals is recorded.
The number of blows necessary for the last two intervals are taken into consideration to provide the standard penetration number at that depth.
Standard Penetration Test Method:
1. Set up the tripod over the test hole and compile the unit.
2. Set the spoon in much a manner that it can stand on the bottom of the hole.
3. Enter the spoon with blows from the hammer falling 75 cm (30 inches), unless either 45 cm (18 inches) are inserted or 100 blows are used.
4. Record the number of blows necessary to impact each 15 cm (6 inches) of penetration. The first 6 inches is taken as seating drive.
5. The number of blows necessary for the second and third 15 cm (6 inches) of drive added is recorded like the penetration resistance value N of the soil.
To get more clear ideas, go through the following video :-
Video Source: Milad Fatehnia
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free