Steps to be considered prior to start plastering work
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
The wall plaster is a vital part to enhance the look of your building. It is started on wall surface as soon as the masonry wall construction is completed.
Before starting wall plastering, the following points should be taken into consideration :-
1. Finish remaining wall making: It is often found that some parts of the walls are not finished properly by the workers. Prior to commence the plastering work, work for all the unfinished walls should have been completed.
When some parts of brick walls remain unfinished, workers will complete those brick wall throughout plastering and the quality of masonry walls along with the wall plaster will be affected.
2. Set all wooden door frames: It is recommended to complete the task for setting all wooden door frames as well as cat door prior to start the plastering work since door frame and wall plaster will be done maintaining the similar alignment.
3. Pour concrete in the gap among door frame and wall: Once the door frames are set, there will be some gaps among wall and door frame. This gap is maintained to set the door frame with the wall conveniently.
This gap should be filled with cement concrete (CC) and allocate curing period prior to start of wall plaster.
Usually, ½” down brick chips are applied for developing CC for this purpose.
If this space is filled with cement mortar rather than CC, a crack may develop in the plaster.
Therefore, cast the gap among door frame and wall with CC and allocate curing period prior to start of wall plaster.
4. Fix window grill: The window grill and wall plaster should be retained on the similar alignment like door frames.
Therefore, set all the window grill on the wall prior to commence wall plaster.
5. Cast window sill with cement concrete: Once the window grill is set in the wall, the window sill is casted with cement concrete.
A 1½” high cement concrete barrier is provided under the window grill. It is accomplished to resist the entry of rain water via the window sill.
Therefore, it is recommended to cast all window-sill in an apartment and facilitate curing period prior to start wall plaster.
6. Ensure all electrical wall piping is finished: When electrical connections go through the wall, it is required to finish the electrical wall piping prior to start wall plaster.
Therefore, all electrical wall piping should be completed prior to start wall plastering.
7. Verify if the modification works are finished: Apartment owners always make some modifications in their apartments which comprise of removing walls or moving doors, requiring extra electrical points, etc.
These modifications should be completed prior to start wall plaster.
8. Consider dining basin location on wall: The basin is set near the dining room. Often wall tiles are added on the dining basin wall to enhance the appearance.
Therefore, verify if from the apartment owners whether the tiles will be added on the dining basin wall or not.
If the tiles are required on dining basin wall, no plaster will be applied on that wall. Also, complete the drainage and water supply piping for basin prior to start the wall plastering work.
9. Consider AC outlet: If it is required to install AC in the building, make holes in brick masonry walls for AC outlet prior to start the plastering. The diameter of this holes is 3”.
Therefore, sustain 3” diameter UPVC pipes in masonry wall where AC will be set. Ensure, all these AC pipes are retained prior to start wall plaster.
So, the above mentioned steps should be taken into consideration prior to start plastering in order that the plaster should not be demolished as soon as it is completed.
Image Courtesy: shutterstock.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free