Different Types Of Staircases Home
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
A stair stands for a series of steps leading from one floor of a building to another, generally inside the building. The room or area of the building, in which the stair is situated is called the staircase.
The opening or space engrossed in the stair is defined as a stairway.
For a construction or remodeling project, the type of staircase plays an important role. Various types of staircases offer specific types of visual appeal and occupy different amounts of space in your home.
Stairs are categorized into the following types :
Straight Stairs: The straight stair means the stairs where the direction remains unchanged. These types of stairs are mostly available in both residential and commercial properties. The straight floating stairs are designed with different types of stringer styles, railing types, and wood species. The straight stairs frequently contain platforms halfway up the run of the stairs.
L shaped Stairs: The L shaped stair is built up by modifying the straight stair with a bend in some segment of the stair. This bend is provided with the addition of a landing at the transition point.
The bend should be 90 but it is not mandatory. If the landing is adjacent to the top or bottom of the stairs it is sometimes called a long L stair or a quarter turn stair.
U shaped Stairs: U shaped stairs belong to two parallel flights of straight stairs which are attached with a landing to make a 180-degree turn in the walk line.
Winder Stairs: Winder stairs are designed by altering an L shaped stair but in place of a flat landing, they contain pie-shaped or triangular steps at the corner transition.
Spiral Stairs: Spiral stairs are designed with a helical arc. They generally contain a very compact design and the treads radiate around a central pole.
Curved Stairs: Similar to spiral stairs, curved stairs also contain a helical arc.
They also come with a greater radius and generally do not provide a full circle. They are constructed at the entry to enhance the appearance of the building.
Architectural Ladders: Ladders function as a means of access. However, as per the building codes, the ladders should not be used as a primary means of access.
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free