Swap Component methods with Sketchup
- Interior Design - Sketchup 8
- Getting started with SketchUp - Part 1
- Getting started with SketchUp - Part 2
- Getting started with SketchUp - Part 3
- 8 Tips for Scaling in Sketchup
- Navigating a drawing
- Drawing a table
- Mortise and tenon joinery
- Adding rounds and chamfers
- Architect Tools - Grid Divide
- Sketchup for Garden and Interior design
This video will show you 3 ways to swap out components in your model.
These methods are great when importing 2D cad blocks which come in as components in SU. You can also use the swap method if you wish to model along side place holder "primitives" to maintain performance. After modeling, swap in the more complex geometry.