Job for Construction Superintendent / Rail / Heavy Civil
- Application of concrete calculator
- Excel Sheet for contractor estimating
- Detailed Estimates in Seconds
- Largest Dam in the World
- New Construction Cost Calculator
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Software for Quantity and Cost Estimation
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Cost Analysis and Project Management
- Commercial painting contractors
- Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Estimating with Excel Part4
- Enhancing the estimating process
- 30-story building built in 15 days
- Estimating with Excel Part8
- Detailed Cost Estimates in Seconds
In business for over 125 years, Milord Company continues to grow and offer the opportunity for employees to experience a diverse set of assignments in a work environment that is collaboratively tuned to provide the best possible service to our clients. Work for a stable, growing company that values the quality of its reputation and cares deeply about the welfare of its employees.
We are currently seeking a seeking a Superintendent to join our Rail & Intermodal team.
The position of Superintendent consists of planning, directing, coordinating, and documenting all on site activities including Milord Tradesmen, subcontractors and consultants’ activities concerned with a construction project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and maintain established safety rules and regulations. Develop and create a safe and clean environment. Call Julie before digging.
- Study, understand, and know the specifications, drawings, sketches, plans, addenda, contract scopes to prepare for the project. Maintain and update all documents daily in accessible order including permits revisions, changes, shop drawings, as-built and the like.
- Perform layout, oversee layout, verify trueness, check layout of all self-performed and subcontracted work by all means necessary.
- Working with outside engineering consultants and coordinating testing of materials and site as required.
- Accountable to and for the project scheduling and duration to create a successful outcome and future customer relations..
- Proactively in command of daily project field operations of self-performed and subcontracted work utilizing clear and effective forecasting and documentation of past performance.
- Quality & Quantity inspection of the project work daily. Document, report and correct any deficiency ASAP. Coordinating all inspections
- Report all on site activities and needs concerned with the project fully utilizing the company directed software systems to the project stakeholders as directed by Project Manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A diploma from a vocational school or a degree in construction management or engineering.
- 10 or more years’ experience supervising construction projects.
- Intelligence, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to adjust to dynamic conditions.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people .identify the best people for the job.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others, to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Cost Conscience