Senior Estimator, Heavy Civil Highway in Texas
- Application of concrete calculator
- Excel Sheet for contractor estimating
- Detailed Estimates in Seconds
- Largest Dam in the World
- New Construction Cost Calculator
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Software for Quantity and Cost Estimation
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Cost Analysis and Project Management
- Commercial painting contractors
- Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Estimating with Excel Part4
- Enhancing the estimating process
- 30-story building built in 15 days
- Estimating with Excel Part8
- Detailed Cost Estimates in Seconds
We are a large heavy civil design-build contractor, that is searching for a Chief Estimator/Proposal Manager for its office in Austin, TX. This is a great opportunity to become involved in some of the largest and most interesting transportation projects in the US.
This position will be responsible for preparation of statements of qualification and final bid proposals for large design-build transportation projects and public-private partnerships.
The successful candidate should be able to work both independently and within a team and should be able to multitask effectively. Strong self-discipline, common sense, attention to detail and “outside the box” thinking are all essential.
This individual should have a network of contacts and possess a strong knowledge of the transportation and heavy civil construction market. This position also offers strong growth potential with the opportunity to build a department from the ground up. Up to 25% travel will be required depending on project locations and timing.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10-15 years of experience on large transportation projects
- Combination of field and estimating experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to estimate self-performed work in three or more of the following work types: earthwork, paving, drainage, bridges, walls, utilities
- Joint venture experience
- Design-build experience
- Heavybid or other estimating software experience/training
- Primavera P6 experience/training
- Spanish language