Chaos group launched v-ray for blender for transforming rendering process to the next level
- Project Manager v.2 for 3ds max users
- V-ray 3.0 for 3ds max users
- Thea Render 1.3
- V-ray 2.0 for Rhino
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro
- Trimble for Building Construction Contractors
- emPolygonizer4 for Maya
Chaos group announces the availability of v-ray for blender. By incorporating v-ray with blender, chaos group facilitates the users to render vrscene files through the V-Ray 2.x Standalone and use the complete series of features contained in the v-ray 2.x rendering method.
V-Ray for Blender will be employed as an exporter to out-turn Blender scenes, models and animations into a .vrscene file format that can be rendered in V-Ray 2.x separately.
V-Ray for Blender includes the following exclusive features:-
VRayCarPaintMtl - Produce spectacular car paint shaders involving base, flake and coat layers.
Fast Sub-Surface Scattering Shader - V-Ray FastSSS2 material applies a pre-pass to generate quick and perfect subsurface scattering effects having support for both single and numerous scattering.
VRayHairMtl – The updated shader, facilitating the users to perform rendering with hair and fur by unmatched control, quality, and swiftness.
Physically accurate lights - Make pragmatic illumination through physically-based lights, along with IES lights and accurate area lights having support for texture mapping.
Dynamic loading of tiled OpenEXR - Load tiled OpenEXRs on the fly through the new and superior VRayHDRI texture.
Check out more features in V-Ray for Blender.
Pricing & Licensing Policy - Blender and V-Ray for Blender are free and open-source products licensed under the GNU General Public License.
The users should set up V-Ray Standalone to perform rendering with V-Ray in Blender.
To access the complete functionality, the users should possess the most updated version of V-Ray for Blender and V-Ray 2.x Standalone installed.
- A SSE2 capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later)
- 2 GB RAM minimum
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions
- Microsoft® Windows 7® 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft® Windows 8® 32-bit or 64-bit
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.0 WS (64-bit) or newer
- Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.5 or higher (Snow Leopard)
Note: V-Ray 2.x Standalone does not support GPU rendering on Apple® Mac OS®. The V-Ray framebuffer compatible with 32-bit versions of V-Ray Standalone on Apple® Mac OS®
Source Code: For documentation and downloads click here.
Chaos group has formed a committed forum for all V-Ray for Blender to make any discussions. Join the the V-Ray for Blender community with your questions and tips!
- Tiger Fighter
- 3d models with itSeez3D
- Plugins for 3ds max 2014
- Various 3d plant models
- Vray HDRI light
- Carbon Scatter 2015
- Correct math inside 3ds max & v-ray
- Lumion 5.0
- VFB+ v2.45 for 3ds Max
- UVW mapping tools inside 3ds max
- Cloth material with v-ray for 3ds max
- Shadow Catcher Plug-in in Cinema 4D
- Rigging and 3D Modeling Demo Reel
- Cinema 4D - Fluid Morph Effect
- 3ds Max 2015 State Sets Features
- Rendering of interior in V-Ray and 3d Max
- Object Scanning 3d models with itseez3D