Brief overview of compaction of concrete
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
It is recommended to make your structure nonporous or impermeable to maintain the longevity and durability of the building structure. Porous concrete may create various issues which range from leakages, erosion etc.
These issues occur because of improper compaction after allocation of concrete.
Compaction of concrete refers to the method that is chosen for emitting the blocked air as much as possible from the concrete to retain the maximum probable density of the compacted mass.
The primary function of compaction of concrete is to produce a dense mass without voids as well as obtain the concrete to encircle all reinforcement and fill all corners.
At the time of blending, carrying and placing of fresh concrete, air bubbles are expected to be clogged in the concrete. If the functionality of the concrete is reduced, the chances for clogging of air bubbles are increased.
Air bubbles consumes among 5 to 20 percent volume of the total concrete. If the air is not taken out completely, it can make the bond weak among the concrete and reinforcement and/or any other implanted parts and as a result the strength of the structure is reduced significantly.
Compaction makes the fluidity of concrete better and if the internal friction is minimized, packing of coarse aggregates develops. A well-compacted concrete does not contain the loose pockets and air bubbles of clogged air.
Voids make the strength of concrete weak and produce a concrete permeable or porous. So, it is suggested to keep 100 percent compaction of concrete for making the concrete formation method superior. It should be considered that compaction is vital not only from the perspective of strength as well as from the durability standpoint.
The following methods are mostly recognized for compaction :-
01. Manual compaction
02. Mechanical compaction with vibrators
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free