Importance of center line method in estimation
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, S.L.Khan, the renowned engineer, presents a useful video that briefly explains the concept of the Center Line Method Of Measurement.
With centerline method, calculation for earthwork, concrete work or brick work for all walls of the building can be accomplished simultaneously. If junctions exist, calculation should be done cautiously by deducting the widths.
Centerline method facilitates to get rid of tedious lengthy mathematical calculations and make calculations rapidly.
Normally, the purpose of the center line method of measurement (CLM) is to find out the center line length of object or member. As for example center line length of road, center line length of sewer line , center line length of building wall etc. As soon as it is accomplished then the estimation should be done for anything that is associated with quantity or estimation. In brick work of a wall, the length, breath and width (length x breath x width) of the wall or member are multiplied. Therefore, in this formula the length means the center line length.
As for example, if you are going to calculate the volume or quantity of a road sub base with following formula :-
Volume of road sub base = cross section area x length
Cross sectional area can be written as breadth x thickness x length
Now, the problem is what length (external or internal) should be considered ?
If external length is considered, the quantity will be maximum whereas for internal length the quantity will be minimum as compared to external length.
But if you consider centerline length, the quantity will be perfect. You can put the center line length as the length of the road.
To get more information on center line method, go through the following video tutorial.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free