Determine the cutting length of bend up or crank bar in Slab
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will learn the detailed method to work out the cutting length of bend up or crank bar in slab.
Given below, the detail dimensions of bend up bar :-
Diameter (D) of the bar is taken as 12 mm.
Clear cover is given as 25 mm.
Clear span (distance between inner bar to inner bar) is given as 7000 mm.
Density of the slab is taken as 200 mm.
Development length (Ld) is taken as 40d (d denotes dia of bar).
The bend up bar is bend on both side. So, inner length in which the both side is bend is known as development length. The length of the bar is required to transmit the stresses to the other bar.
To find out the cutting length of the bar, the following formula is used :-
Cutting Length = Clear span of slab + (2 x Development Length) + (2 x inclined length) – (450 bend x 4) – (900 bend x 2).
Here value of inclined length and values of all the bends are unknown.
The value of inclined length is assumed as 0.42 D.
The value of 450 bend is taken as 1d
The value of 900 bend is taken as 2d
To learn how the value of inclined length is derived, watch the following video tutorial youtu.be
By putting all the values, the following out is obtained.
Cutting Length = 7000 + (2 x 40d) + (2 x 0.42D) – (1d x 4) – (2d x 2)
Watch the following video tutorial to get the complete details.
Video Source: All Tech
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free