Definition and process of volume batching
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
What is volume batching of concrete? - Batching of concrete involves calculating various elements of concrete (i.e. cement, sand, coarse aggregate and water) prior to mixing it.
If this calculation is accomplished based on the volume, it is known as Volume Batching. Prior to apply volume batching method in construction site, the following points should be taken into consideration.
1. Volume batching is not treated as a perfect method for working out the concrete materials.
2. It is not suitable for reinforced concrete structure.
3. This method of concrete batching is not inexpensive.
4. It can only be applied for insignificant concrete or for small concrete works.
How volume batching is performed in job site?
Prior to batching concrete elements in respect of volume, the following points should be considered.
1. What is the relevant ratio of concrete elements with regard to volume?
2. What is the water-cement ratio?
Once the above things are cleared, one can go with the batch concrete elements in jobsite.
In this article, a table is given to get the related proportion of various elements for various grades of concrete. The water-cement ratio should be applied according to the contract.
STEP-1-Batching of cement: The measurement of Cement is done with weight. Frequently, it is utilized in terms of bags. The weight of one bag of cement is 50 kg and it contains a volume of 35 litres (or, 0.035m3).
Cement should never be batched with volume since its weight per unit volume fluctuates in accordance with the way the container is filled.
STEP-2-Batching of aggregate (by volume)
For batching of fine and coarse aggregate with volume, a gauge box is recommended. The box should not be very shallow. It must be entirely stuffed with aggregates. The top of the materials should have been struck off level through a straight edge. The capability of the box is dependent on the proportion of materials of concrete. Usually, the capability of a gauge box is equivalent to the volume of one bag of cement (i.e. 35 litres). Exact sizes of gauge boxes to adapt various ratios are provided in the article.
STEP-3-Batching of water: The computation of water is done either in kg or litres as may be required. Under this case, the two units are equivalent, since the density of water is one kg per litre. The necessary quantity of water is measured by multiplying water-cement ratio with weight of cement.
For more details, go through the following link civilblog.org
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free