How to calculate quantity of steel in truss gusset plates
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, one will be familiar with the detailed method of working out the necessary steel for truss gusset plates.
The purpose of gusset plates is to attach beams and columns collectively or truss members. They are considered as the only way of attaching the beam and columns. They are applied with bolts and welds. So, gusset plates are mostly found in most metal weight bearing structures.
The method is described below :-
1) Compute the total area of gusset plates.
2) Compute the total volume of gusset plates as below.
volume = total gusset plates area x thickness of plate.
3) Compute the weight of plates as follow.
weight of gusset plates = volume of plates x unit weight of steel.
To determine the quantity in the form of area, the following formula is applied :-
Number x Length x Breadth
To determine total plates area, sum up all the quantities.
To find out the total weight, the following formula is used :-
Total weight = volume x unit
Volume = Area x Thickness
To learn the detailed calculation process, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free