How to find out initial and final setting time of cement
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will gather knowledge on the initial and final setting time of cement as well as define the setting time with adherence to IS 4031 Part 5.
Setting time of cement:
While cement is blended with water, it moisturizes and forms cement paste. This paste is molded into any needed shape because of its plasticity. In this time cement goes on with reacting water and gradually cement commences losing its plasticity and achieves the solid state. This entire cycle is defined as Setting time of cement.
Given below, the brief description of initial and final setting time.
Initial Setting Time – It belongs to the time when cement paste commences to lose its plastic once the water is added to the cement paste. Alternatively, it can be said that the initial setting time means the time when cement is molded in any preferred shape devoid of losing it strength. Or the time offered for blending the cement and arranging it in position. If it is deferred again, cement loses its potency.
Final Setting Time – It refers to the time as soon as the paste fully loses it plasticity and turns out to be rigid. Alternatively, it is said that the time captured by cement to obtain its complete strength.
Based on the Indian standard, it is found that initial setting of cement should not remain under 30 minutes & final setting time should not surpass 600 minutes.
Why Initial and final setting time of cement is calculated :-
Once the cement is blended with water, few times are required to arrange the cement paste in position, initial setting time holds a main role in maintaining strength & it is essential that cement paste or concrete is arranged in position prior to surpass initial setting time. i.e.,30 mins. It should be undisturbed unless it attains Final setting time i.e., 600mins for Ordinary Portland Cement.
Factors that impact initial and final setting time of cement:-
Various factors like the thinness of cement, the existence of salts in sand, climatic conditions are likely to impact the both the setting times. As for instance, a temperature of 27°c is needed for cement to complete Hydration. But in winters, due to low climate, the hydration is stopped and a longer time is required to attain harden state.
To get more vital information, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source HIGHWAY GUIDE
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free