How to layout circular curve with ordinates method
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, S.L. Khan, the eminent civil engineer, has briefly explained the ordinates method (ordinates from chord of curve) that is very useful to lay out horizontal curve whether it is a circular road curve or railway curve.
The method can also be applied if a building contains a horizontal curve.
To obtain ordinates from chord, the following formula is used :-
O1 = √(𝑅^2−𝑥^2 ) − √(𝑅^2−𝑎^2 )
O denotes Req offset.
R denotes Radius of the curve.
x denotes interval or distance b/w mid offset and required offset.
Suppose a road is going to be deflected with some angle known as deflection angle. Now, it is required to lay out a horizontal curve among the two lines called as tangent lines. To start with, you have to find out the start point and end point of the curve as PC and TP. PC stands for the front of the curve and TP for tangent point. The two points are situated if the tangent length of the curve is defined.
The tangent length is computed with the following formula :-
Tangent Length (T.L.) = R(tanØ/2),
Here, R denotes radius of the curve and Ø denotes deflection or central angle.
To get the complete details, watch the following video tutorial.
Video Source: SL Khan
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free