Importance of drones in Surveying
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
Drones make an abrupt change in surveying. They can get to and hover above certain sites to gather detailed information. The height and cameras of drones can be modified distantly. The drones are supported with sensors to calculate, broadcast and pile up data.
Global positioning has developed bigger awareness in Geographical Information Systems (GIS). GIS professionals are engaged with diversified land-related services like determining property boundaries, subdividing land, and surveying construction sites for disposition of buildings. They are also involved in other activities like creating topographic and hydrographic maps, volumetric calculations for stockpiles, and flood insurance maps etc.
To accelerate this development, the pioneer in geographic information systems (GIS), Esri, introduced an application alias Drone2Map (D2M) for ArcGIS that is very useful for the civil engineering industry. D2M simplifies the process for forming professional imagery products from drone-captured still imagery for visualization and analysis in ArcGIS. Data collected by Drone2Map can also be supplied in Esri’s ArcGIS online web service and combined with ArcGIS for further processing.
These maps are comprehensive, essential and textured. The drone will deliver the data to cloud-based storage that can be availed by authorized professionals.
Stakeholders – architects, engineers, contractors, civil authorities, customers and more – can retain individual or group discussions on results, planning and pricing.
Other advantages to surveying:
• Disruption. The drone operator can operate from a very remote distance and does not experience about natural or artificial blockades to the sight lines.
• Imagery. Images are superior resolution and provided to diversified users. They can be dispatched, distributed and printed. Software can transform them into topographical maps, heat maps and more.
• Risk. There is no safety risk for the operator as well as risks to ground and air personnel.
• Environment. As drones are functioned through battery, so, no toxic fumes are generated.
Image Courtesy: reesaerials.com
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free