Learn the steps to work out the volume of concrete in slab and beam
- Concrete Cost Estimator
- Concrete Continuous Footing
- Landscape Bidding and Estimating
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Concrete and steel cost estimation
- Construction Cost Estimate Breakdown
- Construction Estimating Worksheet
- Home Construction Cost Estimate
- Estimate Pricing Sheet
- Sheet for General Contractor
- Construction Cost Estimate
- Labor Materials Cost Estimator
- Masonry Estimating Sheet
- Sheet for Building Contractor
- Construction Schedule Bar chart
- General Cost Estimator Sheet
- General Construction Estimate
- Building and Road Estimating Sheet
- Detailed expense estimates
- Door and Window Takeoff Sheet
- General Construction Cost Estimating Sheet
In this construction video tutorial, you will learn the process for working out the volume of concrete in slab and beam based on building plan.
Calculation of Volume of concrete for Slabs:
A slab contains the shape of a rectangle. To measure the volume of concrete necessary for the slab, determine the surface area of the slab and then multiply it with the depth/thickness of slab.
Assume, Length = 6m, Breadth = 5m and thickness/depth of the slab = 0.15m
Volume of Concrete = Area of rectangle x Depth
Area of Rectangle = Length x Breadth
The Volume of concrete = Length x Breadth x Depth = 6x5x0.15=4.5m3
So, 4.5m3 of concrete will be needed to construct the above slab.
It should be kept in mind that all values should be calculated in measuring unit m.
Estimation of volume of concrete for the column:
The column is available in different types of shapes like rectangular or circular or hexagonal etc.
Volume of concrete = Surface Area x Depth
Assume, Length = 0.6m, Breadth=0.4m, Height of column = 3m
Work out the top surface area and multiply it with the depth or height of the column.
Volume of Concrete = 0.6×0.4×3= 0.72m3
Assume, radius of circle = 0.25m.
Volume of concrete for circular column = Surface Area of Circle x height of column.
Volume of Circular column = πr2 x 3 = 3.14 x 0.252 x3 = 0.58m3
To get more clear ideas, watch the following civil engineering video tutorial presented by the renowned Civil Engineer, Mr. Dipak Kumar.
Video Source: Civil Engineer Deepak Kumar
- Application of concrete calculator
- Roofing Calculator can streamline the roof estimating process
- House construction cost calculator
- Engineering column design excel spreadsheet
- Material Estimating Sheet with Excel
- Materials List and Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Concrete Slab Estimating Calculator Sheet
- Common types of foundations for buildings
- Online calculation of construction materials
- Estimating with Excel for the Small Contractor
- Concrete Beam Design Spreadsheet
- Virtual Construction Management app for construction
- Autodesk’s Project Skyscraper
- Reed Construction’s Reed Insight
- Manage your construction project documentation
- Costimator, the popular cost estimating software
- On Center Software for construction professionals
- Free Construction Estimating Software
- Plumbing Calc Pro
- Cost Estimate Worksheet
- HVAC Piping Quantity Takeoff Worksheet
- Construction Estimating Software Sheet
- Estimate Cost Templates
- Construction Punch List
- Construction cost estimating template consisting estimating basic
- Gantt Chart Template for Excel
- Download Civil Engineering Spreadsheets with Verification
- The Building Advisor Estimating and Budgeting Worksheet
- Spreadsheet for design of concrete bridge
- Construction Estimating Software Free